2010-03-05

Love and fear

When I love, I belong. When I belong, I feel the need to produce. I produce objects, meanings, life. I grow.

I love and at the same time I fear. I fear who I am. I fear that others will reject me for who I am so I fear to be as I really want to. I stop growing.

I have to protect myself. I have to hide myself. And I hide so efficiently that in the end I lose myself. I don't know who I am any more.

My fear for others protects me from my deepest fear, the fear for me, the stranger. I choose to fear others so that I don't have to fear myself. Fear is nothing less than a necessity
.”

If our personality could speak to us, these are the words it would utter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a handful of words, yet perfectly describing our existence.
Bull's-eye!

Christina Linardaki said...

Hi there, aerosol in English! Nice to see you! :)

Christina Linardaki said...

Just an addition: since we can't get rid of our personality, this is not only a sum of what it would tell us if it could speak to us, but it is essentially how each one of us goes about in everyday life – which might explain, at least in part, why human relationships seem so impossible.